<VV> 1964 HELP!!

Richard & Melissa Labranche labranche@eatel.net
Thu, 4 Mar 2004 21:41:29 -0600

Hello all you CORVAIR Gods!

I have recently (2 days ago) become a proud owner of a 1964 Corvair coupe. I
would really appreciate any and all advice or recommendations on how to handle
a few of the immediately noticeable problems. (1) The gas pedal seems to get
stuck when depressed. It does not go back to its idle position when you let
your foot off the accelerator. Can this be adjusted - how? (2) Is an after
market wiring harness available? What is the best way to correct that I have
no tail lights or brake lights? Headlights work (except for 1 high beam) (3) I
can smell gasoline when the car is running. Should the carbs be rebuilt? (4)
Where can I get a good reference book so that I may do some of this
restoration myself? (5) The brake pedal does not go down very far. Is this
typical?

Thanks so much,
Richard Labranche
South Louisiana