<VV> Attn 1964 and 65 owners. I need help on 1964 and 65 Fisher bodytag codes.

Steven J. Serenska corvair@serenska.com
Fri, 05 Mar 2004 08:46:25 -0500

Bill H. said:

>Keep in mind that these codes were put there by Fisher Body, to help build
>the body.

This is a good point and I'm grateful to you, Kent Sullivan, et al to
have learned this.

You later commented:

>O = RPO L87 Turbo engine (actually probably for Spyder/CORSA dash)

This is interesting and I hadn't thought of that before.  However, isn't
one of the characteristics of a factory turbo vehicle (at least on
lates) that there's a special cutout in the rear panel for the turbo
exhaust?  There's a good picture of what I mean on Gary Aube's site:
http://www.corvaircorsa.com/corsa/corsawtc.jpg.

Maybe the 'O' in the tag/build sheet was used to instruct the lineworker
to install *both* the special dash and the rear sheetmetal with the
turbo exhaust cutout.

Steven "could look at that picture of the white Corsa for hours" Serenska