<VV> JUDSON BLOWER CARB

Eric S. Eberhard flash@vicspdi.com
Fri, 05 Mar 2004 11:36:25 -0700

Hmmm ... it is a carb for an old flathead ford, but is a Holley 94 2bl.  I
have had many people tell me this is the correct carb, but you are the
second to mention the Stromberg ... wonder if both were used at various
times?  If you go to the Judson Register all the cars pictured use the
Holley -->  however they are all VWs and the Holley "bugspray" is common on
VWs anyway.  I cannot tell from any of the pictures of Corvairs what carb
it is because there is not enough detail.  The install instructions do not
indicate the model ... I will say that the Holley bolts up correctly and
the linkage attaches correctly with the Judson kit adapters.

I put some richer idle jets in (from 50 to 52) and the abrupt changes
improved considerably.  I order some 54s and I'll see how that works.  If
not "perfect", it is off to Wolf Enterprises for a premium rebuild!

At 06:35 AM 3/5/04, you wrote:
>From: N2VZD@aol.com
>Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 07:26:52 EST
>To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
>Subject: <VV> Re: JUDSON BLOWER CARB
>
>the judson blower used a stromberg 97 carb as was used on old flathead
>fords...hmmm maybe thats why it never worked that good when i tried one in
>the
>60's....  regards tim colson

Eric S. Eberhard
(928) 567-3727          Voice
(928) 567-6122          Fax
(800) 569-1122          Denver Office (I am never there, you can leave a
message)
(720) 339-4765          Cell

http://www.vicspdi.com

Completely updated web site of personal pictures with many new
pictures!  Includes horses, dogs, Corvairs, and more.

http://www.vicspdi.com/ourpics/index.html