<VV> 1965 Corsa BodyTag Code

FrankCB@aol.com FrankCB@aol.com
Fri, 5 Mar 2004 23:45:50 EST

V Vers,
    With all this talk about the 64 and 65 bodytag codes, I decided to put
out mine for your perusal.  My Corvair is a later 1965 Corsa coupe(last part of
VIN # is over 200,000 and engine block date is April) with the following
    180 turbo engine
    4 speed trans
    originally yellow, now black
    black interior
    AM/FM radio with rear speaker
    padded dash
    "wooden" steering wheel
    telescoping steering wheel
    wire wheels with 3 prong spinners
    probably positraction (but plates are slipping)

The tag itself looks like this:
       GENERAL MOTORS CORPORATION
           05B                           E
    ST    65-10737    WRN       12901  BODY
    TR    713-                          Y-Y    PAINT
            2LR3C4PO

    With both wheels off the ground the car has 4.3 turns lock to lock in the
steering which I think makes it standard steering.
    Hope this helps you in identifying options.
    Frank Burkhard