<VV> Build code with a U for a 65 Corsa

Russell Moorhouse corvair65@verizon.net
Sat, 6 Mar 2004 12:19:57 -0500

I have a '65 Corsa with the 140 motor.  I've been in touch with the original
owner and he's provided me with loads of helpful information and records.
He attests that everything that is on it came from the dealer when the car
was new.  The only thing added by the dealer was a trailer hitch.  It was
built in May of '65.  Here's the breakdown of the build code for my car,
which has the "U" code.

E = RPO A01 Tinted Glass ( Soft Ray glass in all windows)

2

L = RPO M20 4 Speed

R = RPO U80 Rear spk.

3

C = RPO Z01 convenience group ( 2 sp wipers, washers, day/night inside
mirror, glove box lamp).

4

P = Padded Dash

U = ???

5

W = RPO A37 Standard seat belts

L = RPO V30 Bumper Guards

Now then, some things it came with which doesn't show up here are:  AM/FM
radio which came only with a fixed mast, front antenna; Engine bay lock,
Tire lock, Wire wheel spinner hubcaps, Telescope wood grain steering wheel.

I guess any one of those items could be what the "U" stands for.  Let's get
everybody with a "U" to list what they have and see if there is one common
item that might possibly relate to the "U".

Russ Moorhouse
'65 Corsa coupe 140 HP
Group Corvair Member
Kent Island, MD