<VV> Roller Rockers

BEllison@bbafiberweb.com BEllison@bbafiberweb.com
Sat, 6 Mar 2004 17:04:58 -0500

Never mind on #1.  Grinding the stud won't help at all, now that I look
closer.  Kind of a stupid question I guess.  Duh!

This will be mostly a daily driver, w/several autocrossing events each year
w/SECC and time trials w/NECC, etc.

And yes, roller rockers are overkill somewhat, but being a mathematician at
heart, I do the min/max to the extreme sometimes.  ;)

#2 - I know the process, top dead center #1, do this list of valves, rotate
crank 180, then this list, no problem.  But how about each one individually?
How much lash?  Same for these as stamped rockers? 1/4-3/4 depending on
application, then lock it down?

Thanks,
Barry

> #1 I've noticed that the rocker studs have unthreaded metal
> at the tip.  I plan on grinding that off before I install the
> heads, in order to give the locks more threads to grab.
> Somebody warn me if this is a bad idea.  I won't dig into the threads.
>
> #2 Is adjusting roller rockers any different than stock ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Barry E, Corsa SC
>
> It's got new KB pistons, recond jugs, all powdercoated sheet
> metal, lightened and balanced rods, and several other
> upgrades/refurbs during the rebuild.
Please note: This message may contain information which is privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.