<VV> Boxer Motor

Marc Marcoulides Marc Marcoulides <hharpo@earthlink.net>
Sun, 7 Mar 2004 02:21:39 +0000 (GMT+00:00)

Yes, a common referance for an opposed engine is "boxer"... so it would be correct for Subaru as well.

-----Original Message-----
From: Russell Moorhouse <corvair65@verizon.net>
Sent: Mar 7, 2004 1:12 AM
To: VV <virtualvairs@corvair.org>
Subject: <VV> Boxer Motor

What constitutes a boxer motor?  Is a Corvair motor considered a boxer
motor?

 I read an article, I believe British, on the Corvair quite a while back,
where the writer referred to it as a boxer motor.  If that is the case,
after watching the last Barrett-Jackson auction, and seeing the inflated
prices any car with a Hemi sold for,  maybe we should call our motors boxer
engines, rather than a Corvair motor, when we get ready to sell them.  Boxer
seems to be a hot term nowadays.  I've even heard Subaru refer to their
engines as being boxers.

Russ Moorhouse
'65 Corsa coupe 140 HP
Group Corvair Member