<VV> Pulled head stud Woes

BEllison@bbafiberweb.com BEllison@bbafiberweb.com
Sun, 7 Mar 2004 17:19:11 -0500

I know for a fact, several of you will post about what a great weekend you
had enjoying your cars this weekend, tops down, wind in your hair, what's
left of the hair, that is.  ;)  I want to bring you back to reality, with MY
world.  We had a wonderful weekend with dry warm weather, but a bit breezy.
It was little tough working outside with the wind, but it was nice.  My goal
was to install the 2nd head this afternoon.  That's about all the time I
have between church, covered dish supper afterwards, and choir practice at
5:30pm.

While torqueing down the "Smoking Corsa", just before the Carlisle
Autocross, I started to pull a upper head stud, so I stopped where I was,
and drove the hound out of it.  What did I have to loose eh?  Well, I fixed
the block correctly, several months ago, before I started going back up with
it.

Started torqueing the 2nd head down today, and guess what - freakin' pulled
another one.  CRAP!  Already pulled the jug.  Puts me at least a day behind.
I have the tools and parts near me, at my dad's shop, and I'll pick them up
on the way to choir.

So, to those of you about to post how much you're enjoying your cars this
weekend, blah,blah,blah, remember us poor chaps, and shadetree mechanics,
still trying to get ours back on the road, and try to not rub it in, too
much, okay?  <VBG>

Will I make Taveras in a few weeks?  Beginning to doubt it, but I'm trying
pretty hard.

Barry E
VP Corsa SC

Please note: This message may contain information which is privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.