<VV> Re: Build Codes

NOSVAIR@aol.com NOSVAIR@aol.com
Mon, 8 Mar 2004 00:14:16 EST

In a message dated 3/7/2004 5:12:26 PM Eastern Standard Time,
whubbell@cox.net writes:

> Sorry, but not the answer.  Chevrolet did not use the Body Tag codes -
> Fisher Body used them.  Chevrolet installed the outside rear view mirror,
> not Fisher Body.  Fisher body did not prep the door in any way that I can
> see from the assembly manual.  Why would Fisher put a code for it on the
> Body tag?
>
> Now in the case of the remote controlled outside rear view mirror, Fisher
> DID create the hole on the inner door panel for the remote control, hence
> the separate code for that option.
>
> Read your Assembly manuals.  I am still searching for a reason for a Z01
> code on the body tag (if, indeed, there really is one).
>
> Bill Hubbell

Bill,
  Well, I've read a few.  I don't have my '64 assembly manual handy but in my
'66 assembly manual under section UPC1, A12 it clearly shows the mounting of
the regular outside rear view mirror into "existing holes". Fisher drilled the
holes for mounting standard mirrors as well as remote mirrors in that year.
In 1964 when a outside mirror was an option the Z01 code would need to be on
the build tag of a car ordered with the comfort and convenience group for
Fisher to provide these holes prior to painting.

Bruce Webster
'60 500 Sedan
'61 700 Coupe
'64 900 Coupe