<VV> Should I be spoiled??

UltraMonzaWest@aol.com UltraMonzaWest@aol.com
Tue, 9 Mar 2004 00:57:15 EST

Now I write, I thought they were called air dams in the front and that
spoilers were attached to the "trunk" (on lessor cars than the Corvair).
Stephen Upham

Spoilers SPOIL  the airflow..like move it it another direction.....as on our
"Chins" [ front of car ], and are usually at an angle..not vertical.Same with
rear spoilers....they keep it STABLE rather than push down HARD.

Dams....BLOCK air.....in front to keep air from under the car [ makes like a
vacumn] in the rear to cause down pressure...EXTREME!  And the eliminate
airflow directly behind..to act like a vacumn..  DAMS  take lots of HP!

On my Crown car..I use a spoiler that is so big and low ..it keeps the nose
planted at speed, DAMS the air under the car [ big problem with mid v8's] and
RAMS air into the radiator!

Matt N.