<VV> Toy Corvair 1960 @ Tuesday Morning

Russell Moorhouse corvair65@verizon.net
Tue, 9 Mar 2004 19:57:09 -0500

I went into a Tuesday Morning store today to pickup a waffle iron that just
went on sale.  As I was walking down the aisle, I noticed a group of small
cars sitting on a shelf.  I stopped and looked at them, there was a nice
looking late 50s or early 60s Corvette, a Ford woody wagon, some 60's
Ramblers, a few cars I didn't recognize and low and behold a lonely little
1960 Corvair 4 door, blue with a white top.  The tag said he had sold for
$79 but they were selling it for $15.  I didn't have my glasses with me so I
couldn't read the bottom to see who made it.  I took it up to the counter
and asked the clerk and he said they were Franklin Mint cars, and that
Franklin Mint had closed down their retail stores and Tuesday Morning was
selling off their excess stock.

I was a little disappointed with the fit and mold of the doors for it being
a Franklin Mint product.  The driver front door was really poorly done.

So you might want to check out a Tuesday Morning if you have one near you.

Russ Moorhouse
'65 Corsa coupe 140 HP
Group Corvair Member
Kent Island, MD