<VV> Seatbelts for Greenbrier center seat....ideas?

Dan & Synde dsjkling@sbcglobal.net
Tue, 9 Mar 2004 19:48:26 -0800

I need to figure out a way to mount seat belts for the center seat in my '61
Greenbrier, red/white interior.   Front and rear seat were obvious and easy
(Except for drilling the holes through the pristene wheelwells!!  That
required several beers and a moment of silence.).  The problem is that the
distance between the floor and seat is a foot or more requiring long custom
length belts (finding those in a retro style has been hard so far).  I would
like to stay with a seat belt that looks "period" with a chrome buckle, like
what a dealer would have installed back then.  Lap belts are good enough for
me (I survived my childhood in cars that either didn't have them or just had
lap belts :)).  I would prefer them to be easily removable too which may or
may not be possible or legal.  Any ideas?

Dan Kling
1961 Greenbrier Deluxe, 4 spd,3.89,110hp
1963 Spyder (restored but no engine yet)