<VV> Help needed - Seattle WA area - axle bearing failure

Kent Sullivan kentsu@corvairkid.com
Tue, 9 Mar 2004 23:44:13 -0800

Just so everyone knows, a couple of members of CORSA Northwest should have
gotten a replacement axle to this fellow this afternoon. I didn't hear the
exact outcome but I know the part was on its way around 4 PM Pacific.

--Kent
-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org [mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org]
On Behalf Of Mark J. Murphy
Sent: Tuesday, March 09, 2004 4:30 AM
To: Virtual Vairs
Subject: <VV> Help needed - Seattle WA area - axle bearing failure

Hello all...

Anyone in the Seattle WA area that may have a good early axle and bearing
available for immediate sale please reply off list as soon as you can.

A good friend of mine (and president of the local club) is in immediate need
of assistance.  He and his young son were heading from Salem, NH to Lynden,
WA to visit relatives in a '61 Lakewood towing a small camper.  He is
currently (as of 1:30 AM eastern) in a rest area outside of Seattle with a
failed wheel bearing.  He has also lost reverse in the 'glide and will be
looking for a 3.89/powerglide transaxle once he gets to Lynden (near the
Canadian border) but the axle is needed to leave the rest area.  Being in a
rest area, shipping is really not an option.

Thanks!