<VV> Re: Carb cleaning

GYoungwolf@aol.com GYoungwolf@aol.com
Wed, 10 Mar 2004 10:40:03 -0500

Our carbs are pretty resilient and will withstand cleaning in regular parts cleaner solution. Gasoline will also work well, but isn't very safe. Use of high pressure water after soaking in cleaner might also help. Extended soaking in carb cleaner is NOT a good idea as most of the cleaners will remove soft metal after a while.
The Carbmeister

<<I am looking for an effective way to clean the outside of a really greasy EM carb (non turbo).  Cleaning the inside is not a problem, but I am having problems trying to get all the grease off in the places my brush can't reach.  Any suggestion on good ways to do this?>>