<VV> [fastvair] Re: Corvair Drag Races in Kentucky - hotel

Roger & Joyce Jennings jsj@fuse.net
Wed, 10 Mar 2004 19:16:33 -0500

Greetings all. I'm Roger Jennings from Northern Kentucky and I will respond to
the question about a motel by the Mountain Park Dragway in Clay City,
Kentucky. I first met Brian O' Neill, Billy Bruce, Dan Giannotti and the
others at the Carlisle convention. When I learned of the plans to incorporate
a drag strip event in close proximity to the Lexington convention, I jumped at
the opportunity to help.  After researching, the best choice was pretty clear.
It was Clay City's Mountain Park Dragway.  Greg Scarboro and I scoped it out.
Not fancy, even maybe a bit rustic but a NICE,  big track. Long story short,
it is happening and we're pretty jazzed about it. These people are good ol'
boys and they made us feel welcome. They want us to come and have a good
time!
  Anyway  You know the rate for the Hyatt is $99.00 a day and I hope all you
folks have your reservations for Tuesday 6-15 thru Saturday 6-19. The Hyatt is
booked up now. The Radisson is just next door (and connected by an overhead
walkway) They probably have some rooms left. If you are coming for the
convention's events like the Autocross, Concours.Economy Run, etc, the Hyatt
and the Radisson are really, really close (100 feet)