FW: <VV> VV speaker location

BEllison@bbafiberweb.com BEllison@bbafiberweb.com
Thu, 11 Mar 2004 21:42:37 -0500

Marc Sheridan twisted my arm, and suggested I post this to the list.  Thanks
Marc.

> Marc,
>
> How about a pattern, one that includes the hole to be cut out, and a
couple
> of references that are on both pieces, say a couple of screw holes?
First,
> you pattern it after the door, then transfer it to the panel.  This is
> the same type technique we use for porting intakes and exhaust, by
> using the gasket as a pattern on both.  Well, at least on a water
> pumper, that is.  ;)
> That doesn't work on a Corvair engine.
>
> I've never done it with door panels personally.  However, with my
experience
> on doors, I can tell you for a fact that the left and right doors do
> NOT necessarily match.  One would need to make two diff patterns.  (I
tried to
> make a wooden door panel.  Cut one for the driver side.
> Drill thru the holes into a match
> for the passenger - holes didn't line up - anywhere from 0-1/2" off
> all the
> way around.)
>
> Just my $.02
>
> Barry

And I'll add, that I think Smitty had a similar problem with his seat or
door covers, last year sometime.

Busted my blasted alternator, trying to get the needle bearing out.  I even
had it on a socket, like I should have, but it was in there soooo tight, I
kept whacking it harder until it broke.

Lesson learned?  Use a vise and press it out.  Never get a bigger hammer on
an alternator.

When will my luck turn?  Geeeeez

I'll be sure and wear my steel toed shoes this weekend, while cleaning that
tranny and diff.

Barry E
Corsa SC
Please note: This message may contain information which is privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.