<VV> must be a bad season for wheel bearings

LonzoVair@aol.com LonzoVair@aol.com
Thu, 11 Mar 2004 22:51:32 EST

Hey guys and gals,
On the way home today I had a bad "thumping" from the back of the sedan...
I'm suspecting its one of the "quality used" wheel bearings I replaced when I
first got the car in late December... at least I got almost 4000 miles out of
it... (I replaced both with some freshly greased used ones I had, since one was
grenaded and the other rumbling badly) so I'm looking for a new wheel bearing.
Yeah, I know Craig sold some a few weeks back, but they were gone before I
even got home to check my email...
So... anyone want to sell one?
In the meantime I will have to get the 61 'brier back out of its long needed
R&R... I had been using it on weekends to help move and using the sedan to get
to & from work until they get me a company vehicle.... looks like they will
need to get in gear on the search.
Thanks for any help, and I completely understand if the responses are few and
far between.
Later,
Lonzo

Lon Anderson in White Mills, KY
CORSA, Corvanatics, Central Kentucky Corvair, Derby City Corvair
Quart Low Quarterly editor
1961 Greenbrier pg, daily driver again
1963 Greenbrier 4spd.
1964 700 sedan 95/pg needing a wheel bearing
Check out the 2004 Convention Web Site: www.kycorsa.com
BUY THOSE RAFFLE TICKETS!!!! They make GREAT GIFTS!!!