<VV> Tech Guide

Larry Forman Larry@Forman.net
Sun, 14 Mar 2004 09:18:32 -0800

At 10:28 AM 3/14/2004 -0600, Richard Purtell wrote:
>How can I obtain a Corvair Tech Guide.
>Rich Purtell

Hi Rich,
You can either purchase these valuable documents from one of our Corvair
vendors or from Corsa directly.  It is a little tricky to find on the Corsa
web site at www.corvair.org , since the merchandise page is still under
construction, but you can find it in the Forms and Documents area and the
link is: http://www.corvair.org/PDFs/merch.pdf    Just scan down and you
will find the Tech Guide and Supplement and shipping costs.  Well worth
it.  You might also consider the Corvair Basics book with CD-ROM.

Personally, I consider the Tech Guide and Supplement as required reading
and some people get pissed at me for saying that.  I STILL believe it to be
true.  I consider it as required, just as the Shop Manual should be
required reading when working on Corvairs.  I think that about 90% of the
questions asked by newbies are answered in the Tech Guide.  If everyone
owned and read it, we would see a dramatic increase in the quality of the
questions asked, since most of the basics are already answered in those
documents.

-- Larry