<VV> Diff Adjustment Confusion

* Greenbrier Goon * greenbriergoon@hotmail.com
Mon, 15 Mar 2004 01:40:15 +0000

Hey everybody:

I spent today assembling and adjusting the diff. I am going to use in my 4
speed conversion.

I seem to have the backlash and contact pattern right, but I am confused
about the "pinion turning torque."

First of all, I don't have tool #J-8362 in my toolbox, so measuring the
torque might be difficult.

As the diff. is now, it seems to spin very freely with very little
resistance.  Tightening the side adjusters to add some resistance results in
what seems like binding of the bearings.  I want to make sure I get this
right because I won't have time to do it a second time.

Charles

Greenbrier World:
http://www.c-zone.net/northgte/greenbrier.htm

1963 Greenbrier PG (soon to be 4 speed)

Don't let Ralph Nader ruin another Presidential election.
http://www.ralphdontrun.net

Learn how to help protect your privacy and prevent fraud online at Tech
Hacks & Scams. http://special.msn.com/msnbc/techsafety.armx