<VV> Installing Rear-Seat-Back Latch in pre-68

N. Joseph Potts pottsf@msn.com
Mon, 15 Mar 2004 20:18:57 -0500

I'm trying to retrofit one of the latches from a 68 or 69 with the
rear-folding-seat option, to my 1966 with the rear-folding-seat option,
which was provided WITHOUT this positive latch (instead, the 66 has a pair
of friction catches, one on each side.
     At least with the cardboard trim in place, I can't see how to do this.
Has anyone done this? Could you tell me how?
     Failing that, could anyone who has a 1968 or 1969 describe the way the
latch is installed onto the body of the car, and the striker bar onto the
seat?
     I'm sure it will be necessary for me to drill holes in the body and the
seat. But POSSIBLY, I will have to get a 1968 or 1969 seat to mate with the
striker bar. Could anyone advise me on that point?
     Thanks.

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C