<VV> Reality (humor?)

Bill Hubbell Bill Hubbell" <whubbell@umich.edu
Mon, 15 Mar 2004 20:48:08 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Louis C. Armer, Jr." <carmerjr@mindspring.com>
To: "Bill Hubbell" <whubbell@umich.edu>
Cc: <virtualvairs@corvair.org>

> Because we don't trust you when you say anything good about
> Late Models !!! <GGG>
>
> da Chuckster
> Chuck Armer

Although Chuck's answer was in jest, I realize some of you out there may
take my "funning around" about Early vs Late models too seriously.  For
those of you (and you know who you are) I would like to offer up the
following rebuttal.

After we acquired Geoff's car last spring, it was apparent that it needed
"some work".  Perhaps you would all like to see the kind of work I put into
fixing up Geoff's Engine compartment and rear suspension before I let him
start driving it.

http://community.webshots.com/album/125672345bTDuTg

I am sorry now that I did not take more "before" pictures - it was really
quite a mess!  Basically, I removerd the entire powertrain and rear
suspension/brakes/heater and everything was cleaned, stripped and
powdercoated or painted.  All new seals/bushings/brake parts, rear wheel
bearings, brake lines, etc. were installed.  The engine compartment was
repainted.  The transaxle was refurbished, and the flex plate and bell
housing replaced (old ones were broken).  I completely rebuilt/restored the
starter, distributor, 4 carburetors, and installed and internally regulated
alternator.  All new fuel lines and a new mechanical fuel pump were
installed, replacing the incorrect hoses and lines that were on the car.
All new wiring harnesses were installed in the engine compartment.  The
entire rear heater box was cleaned and repainted/powdercoated -- all new
hoses installed.  Everything was made spiffy and bright, even new decals
added where needed.  except for the powder coating, I did all the work
myself.

Besides the engine and rear suspension work, I also refurbished the front
brakes, installed a new pitman arm bushing, master cylinder, and electric
washer pump.

Now, who out there still thinks I hate Late model Corvairs?

Bill Hubbell
TCC President 2003-2004
CORSA Eastern Division Director Candidate 2004

"No Corvairs were harmed in the typing of this message"