<VV> Belts, What is your favorite?

Larry Forman Larry@Forman.net
Tue, 16 Mar 2004 20:22:37 -0800

At 08:23 PM 3/16/2004 -0600, J R Read_HML wrote:
>I had a top cog belt on a '66 that lasted forever.  Which I know what brand
>and p/n it was.
>
>Have been using the Gates wrapped belts in recent years.  They tend to last
>3 to 4 yrs.  I put around 20,000 on my Vairs per yr.
>
>What is YOUR favorite?  I'll try to tally the votes and report the results
>in a few days.
>
>Later, JR

JR,
I ONLY use the Gates 3VX560.  I have gotten 38K miles from one used for two
years, which I removed since it was looking stress checked.  Never have
thrown a Gates belt.  I frequently use deep V-pulleys, so I cheat.  Even
for stock situations, never throw belts.  I lube the bearings as needed,
and am careful NOW to not over lube.
--Larry