<VV> Re: Ring an Pinion Preload

vairologist@juno.com vairologist@juno.com
Wed, 17 Mar 2004 13:28:47 -0500

Smitty says:  I'd rather eat worms off a cabbage leaf than admit I'm ever
wrong about anything, but I have done it again.  Flying on memory got me
in trouble when I said Bob Helt was wrong on which preload is done first.
 Problem is I only read the manual once usually for procedure, and then
just refer to it for the numbers afterward.  Fact is I set up a diff two
weeks ago and did it correctly so I'm not a total waste.  Another truth
is that it would make no difference which you do first as long as you get
the proper component preloaded with the proper preload and then the total
comes out right.