<VV> Oil smells of gasoline

Richard & Melissa Labranche labranche@eatel.net
Wed, 17 Mar 2004 15:27:33 -0600

Hello CORVAIR Enthusists:

    I am on day 13 of my Corvair ownership. I have been starting my 1964 Monza
every other day. Today she would not start. It turned as it has done in the
past but she did NOT start. I added some gasoline to the tank in case the
level gauge was not working properly. NO LUCK! Still won't start. I popped off
the distributor to have a look - rotor and contact points show a little wear
(not bright and shiny like a new rotor and distributor). Also, the engine oil
feels a little thin and smells of gasoline. I realize I should change the oil.
What brand and grade of oil do most of you Corvair lovers use?
    Would greatly appreciate any advice and or suggestions.
Richard Labranche
1964 Monza Coupe