<VV> How much wiggle?

BobHelt@aol.com BobHelt@aol.com
Fri, 19 Mar 2004 11:48:03 EST

In a message dated 3/19/04 2:27:11 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
jimster1@earthlink.net writes:

> If you grab the tire and shake it, how much
> movement is allowed.  After shearing the u-joints on both sides, I want to
> make sure that something else wasn't damaged in the process.

One thing.
You will get a large tire movement that is caused by the U-joint moving in
and out at the differential when you do this. So BE SURE that your movement is
wheel bearings and NOT movement at the differential. This movement at the diff
is normal by the way and is NO cause for concern.
Regards,
Bob Helt