<VV> a/c recharge question

Mike Ioanes mioanes@woh.rr.com
Sat, 20 Mar 2004 00:37:24 -0500

Craig writes:
.  I have converted all my vehicles to 134 and I'm very happy.  I
> sell my 12 to customers for top-off but if the system is empty or I am
doing a
> major repair, I always convert to 134.
> Well, there's one opinion.  May the fur fly!
> Craig Nicol
>Craig, you won't get any arguments from me!  I've been saying the same
thing as long as I've been on the list.  The (truck) dealership I work in
doesn't even have any R-12 to recharge any systems with, only converting to
R-134a.  Recently I've come across recommendations from Red Dot and Volvo to
go to a bigger condenser when changing over.  Have seen conversions where
this WASN'T done that work just fine.  If you can still get R-12 it's got to
be EXPENSIVE!
Mike Ioanes