<VV> dwell meter setup

christopher d czepyha thegeek2@juno.com
Sat, 20 Mar 2004 20:38:38 -0800

Please forgive the stupid ?

I have a digital dwell meter, and have used it dozens of times before.

But today I have brain freeze.  How do I hook it up.  I had it set to -
distributor, + ground.  And it reads 56.

I revived this vehicle last year, but drove it only into the garage.  It
ran for about a gallon, then I shut it off.

The patient is a 65 pg/110.  Carbs are from another running car
65/110/4sp
The lender vehicle has to be cranked for 40 sec if it has not been run
for a few days.

It would not start today, gave up after about an hour.  I was able to
verify gas is getting to the carbs (undo the inlet nut and gas comes
out).  But if I pump the gas pedle I do not get gas mist, nor do I hear
them pumping.
The gas is running out of a can.

I checked for spark.  Put an inductive timing light on, and It does
flash.  Dwell was unreadable, timing check could not be done.

My plan of attack for tommaro.
1.  Verify the dwell.
2.  Take the carb tops of  and check for crud in the carbs.
3.  Re-sync the carbs for this vehicle.

Thanks to all.

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!