<VV> Threat to Corvairs and Old car parts

SPYDER62@aol.com SPYDER62@aol.com
Sat, 20 Mar 2004 23:09:38 EST

In a message dated 3/20/2004 3:00:25 PM Pacific Standard Time,
bigjohnohio@worldnet.att.net writes:
Short version:  Hang on to your butts......it's gonna be one hell of a rough
ride for the next 2-3 years!

but I do
> know that steel has taken a tremendous jump in prices.

Todd, my man, you ain't seen NOTHIN' yet!
You got that. I work for a steel building manufacture and prices are going
out of the roof.
We are getting a 25% increase on all secondary framing and 12% on siding as
of April 1 from one supplier and one of the others is saying 50% by May 1. I do
know that Metallic Steel Buildings will holding a Quote for less then a week
and then it increases by 2.5% a week, VP is pricing on delivery only and we
changed our contracts so we can re-price 3 weeks before we fab and ship.
 Web plate started the year at 26 per hundred and as of Friday was at 44, and
rot rolled shapes have gone about the same if you can find the size you
need.Can't wait to see the second quarter consumer price index :(.
 Corvair content, happy I built my shop last summer so the new 65 Turbo I'm
getting will have a nice home.
Rich
www.shepswoodncrafts.com (trying to get out of steel)
68 Datsun roadster