<VV> Combustion Chamber Modification

Mikeamauro@aol.com Mikeamauro@aol.com
Sun, 21 Mar 2004 10:20:30 EST

The Greenbrier's 110 is out for a major rebuild.  The time is ripe to
reconfigure the heads to reduce engine tendency to knock and ping.  My version of the
Technical Manual is 1986; while it has some good info on this topic, there
must be more current information out there.  I also have Bob Helt's latest book
(presently out on loan)...is there anything there?  My goal is to end up with
9:1 compression ration, but burn regular or mid-grade fuel (87-89 octane); is
this a pie- in-the-sky dream?  The vehicle is already equipped with Safeguard
knock control system.  Also, what is the chamber CC for a 110 @ 9:1?  Any info
available would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Mike Mauro
64 Greenbrier, PG & A/C
(plus too many other Corvairs for my own good)