<VV> Carbs on '64 turbo engine

NicolCS@aol.com NicolCS@aol.com
Mon, 22 Mar 2004 23:15:30 EST

Paul, you can put carbs on turbo heads but there are a bunch of small things
you will have to do like: chokes, vacuum balance tubes, and carb studs,
exhaust system, carb linkage, and air cleaner.  Don't forget the distributor.  When
you get it all done, you will have something of a low performer. (woof!,
woof!)  Forget about modifying those valuable turbo heads, if you really want to go
ahead with this, just get a set of 110 heads and a distributor and carbs and
linkage and fuel tubes and vacuum lines and chokes and exhaust system and...
Why don't you just fix your turbo and maintain the value of your vehicle?  (If
you decide to go with the switch, I will trade you everything you have for
everything you need, including the 110 heads!)
Craig (I'd be getting the better end of the deal) Nicol

<snip>
I've got a good turbo engine (1964) that I want to use carbs instead of the
turbo.  Has anyone done this?
I've got 110 heads and turbo heads.  Would it run OK with the turbo heads and
8:1 compression ratio?  Will the carbs bolt up to the turbo heads?  Could I
just change to 110 heads? Paul <unsnip>