<VV> Re: Dwell Meter Update

Larry Forman Larry@Forman.net
Wed, 24 Mar 2004 07:54:59 -0800

At 11:53 PM 3/23/2004 -0500, vairologist@juno.com wrote:
>Smitty says:  Chris if you are using Pooptronix or some kind of
>electronic ignition then dwell readings mean nothing.

Hi Smitty,
Since when do dwell readings mean nothing?  They always mean something to
the ignition coil!  It is just that you cannot adjust the dwell on the
Pertronix I's.  Dwell is still dwell, regardless of what does the ignition
coil negative lead grounding.  I have noticed that the dwell is a little
too small on the Pertronix I's like about 24 degrees versus the recommended
28-32 degrees or there about.  It still works fine for most people under
most conditions.
-- Larry