<VV> Re: Dwell Meter Update/Starting Problem

VairMech@aol.com VairMech@aol.com
Wed, 24 Mar 2004 12:33:00 EST

In a message dated 3/24/2004 11:53:14 AM Eastern Standard Time,
thegeek2@juno.com writes:
My remote starter has 4 wires.  And two switches.  I must pull the
trigger for the car to start.  Once started turning the key off makes the
car stop running.

    This will take 2 people, Get a test light and put it on the purple wire,
the #12 size, and then have someone hit the starter up front with the key. The
light should light and the starter turn over while the key is in the start
position.
    If the light goes on and there is no starter action then you need to look
at the starter or the wire connection to the starter.
    If the light does not go on or is very dim then you need to look at the
ignition switch. How about unpluging the ignition switch and jumpering the
start circuit, does the starter work now? If so problem found.
    Ken Hand