<VV> Thermister Repair

Geoff Johnson geoffj@unm.edu
Wed, 24 Mar 2004 14:24:53 -0700

I have a thermister here that has a broken insulator.  I got it just to see
what could be done with it.  Anyway as I recall from reading somewhere the
stud on them is pushed on by a spring inside to make the electrical
contact.  Is this correct?  Cant remember where I might have read this
though.  Anyway the insulator is cracked away in two pieces.  The stud
seems to be hanging loose not making contact with anything or being pushed
out by a spring.    I cant get the stud out as it is held in by the
remaining insulator, even though it wobbles, spins loosley, and can be
pushed in and out with no resistance.   I assume that these springs might
corrode away, this one is pretty rusty.   Can I pull the stud out and
replace the spring,  or as I recall reading somewhere a screw could be put
in place of the stud/spring.   Does anyone have suggestions on what glue
might work to glue the insulator back together?  Or how else to fix it?
No big deal but I figure its worth trying to save it.

-Geoff Johnson
66 Corsa Cp
63 Monza Cp