<VV> Re: Early Model springs

Tony tonyu@roava.net
Wed, 24 Mar 2004 16:23:15 -0800

At 1525 03/24/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi everyone,
>    This is my first post on Virtual Vairs. I have a '61 two door monza. I
>would like to improve the handling.

Sway bar in front, camber compensator in back (IF you can find one) or
consider adding the springs/leaf etc from a '64 rear suspension.

>I am considering new shocks and heavy duty
>springs from Clarks. I have heard cutting the springs will also help. Is
this
>so? If so, how many turns should I cut out?

Before you start cutting, you might check to see what differences in ride
height the HD springs will leave you with.   They're shorter than stock
springs...  although they also don't compress as much and actually don't
lower the car very much, but I'd check them out first and see where they
leave you sitting (no pun) before I'd arbitrarily start cutting them.

>Hey Geoff, I'm glad I'm not the
>only Corvair owner who listens to Social Distortion too loud.

...no, you're not...  ;)

tony..

PS:   Metallica/Godsmack double-header concert playing here soon... cool
huh!