<VV> Finned valve covers

Stephen Upham contactsmu@sbcglobal.net
Wed, 24 Mar 2004 22:14:18 -0600

      Well, I just want to say thanks to Rusty Rose (North Texas CORSA
Association member, which will be my club when I'm up and running),
Jeff Angelli, Larry Forman (who provided me with an extensive list of
cooling mods ), Bill Elliot, and Sethracer for their friendly advice
and helpful suggestions.
      I've decided to skip the valve covers.  Seal problems to no seal
problems ran 3-1, and no one was sure about the cooling effect of
installing them.  In addition, all surmised the cooling to be achieved
was probably negligible.   I will probably go ahead and replace the oil
pan with a deeper, cooler running design with the lowered pickup tube,
add the 12 plate oil cooler and A/C side plates (as it has factory
air), and use synthetic oil.
      The vv has proven to be the best place to go to get the advise to
keep our cars running well and preserving an important era of
automotive history.

Stephen Upham
Dallas, Texas

Mid prod. # -1965 Monza sedan 110, Sierra Tan - Saddle, PG, A/C,
original AM/FM, clock, tint, oil bath air filter, w/ 77K  (being
overhauled to .030 over and would love to get its HP and Torque tested
on a dynamo after the rebuild)     & . . .

'94 Probe GT 5-Sp (2.5L / 164 hp)
'01 Dodge Durango SLT (4.7L /  235 hp)

Corvarium II