<VV> Tuned up and turned off!

slmizel@juno.com slmizel@juno.com
Sat, 27 Mar 2004 08:32:39 -0600

Hi all!  Took many of your recent suggestions and used the Bosch Super
plugs and decided to get my hands greasy with an easy first job: a simple
tune up (65 corsa 140 4 spd all stock)...the car has been running
fine...starts immediately every time...till I did my tune up.  I chased
the threads, replaced the wires, plugs, roter and cap (all from
Clarks)...with air cleaner still off, started the car (didn't mess with
points, timing or carburation yet)...I think I am going to switch over to
the Petronix II after I get everything else tuned (would appreciate any
feedback you have there as well), so I just wanted to see if I could get
it running a little more smoothly...I jumped in and with a smile of
accomplishment turned the key...the car started!  Sounded good...for
about 1 or 2 seconds...it idled fine, but then the rpms started
fluctuating between 500 and 1500 and it died...now when I turn the key it
won't catch at all...I will have to troubleshoot, but would appreciate
any help if someone has a useful suggestion where to start? (I know it
could be one of a hundred things, but thought I would seek wisdom from
this incredible group before I start taking things apart one at a
time...)

Thanks!
Steve Mizel
St. Louis, MO
65 conv. Corsa 140 4 sp (it looks fast even on blocks...)

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!