<VV> HELP - Fuel pump change ++!!

Richard & Melissa Labranche labranche@eatel.net
Sat, 27 Mar 2004 17:25:28 -0600

Greetings ye stewarts of Corvair knowledge:

Thought I would spice up my address to you people of vast Corvair knowledge.
    I have a 1964 PG 2-door Monza coupe. I am gettiing ready to replace the
fuel pump and change the oil - the fuel pump failed and gasoline got into the
oil system. Is there something special I should do to ensure that 'all' of the
gasoline is out of the oil system besides a good drain and refill? Corvair
Basics does not address any extra steps to take!
    ? Distributor? - I believe I have read that 1962-69 have 2 screws and
1960-61 have 2 clips! Well my delema - as I said I have a 1964 MOnza coupe and
I have a disributor with 2 clips.
    ?Engine #? - Could you please tell me how to tell if I have a 95 or 110 hp
engine. The number on the engine is T0213Z. I believe it is a 95hp!
    ? Oil? - Is 10W30 Castrol a good choice for my car here in south
Louisiana? Just want to get a peer check!!
I do appreciate your time and assistance in all matters.
Thanks,
Richard Labranche
Maurepas, Louisiana
1964 PG Monza coupe