<VV> Re: Mirror locations

NOSVAIR@aol.com NOSVAIR@aol.com
Sun, 28 Mar 2004 09:41:22 EST

In a message dated 3/27/2004 6:20:30 PM Eastern Standard Time,
virtualvairs-request@corvair.org writes:

> I will be mounting my exact repro outside mirrors Sunday to my 62
> Convertible and wanted to make sure I place them in the correct location.
> Would be pretty straight forward but I will be adding one for the passenger
> side that has never been there. Has anyone in the group added the second
> mirror that could give me some visuals on where they placed it? (picture?)
> Does anyone know if there were there any passenger side mirrors on a 62 from
> the factory and if so where can I find assembly info showing mounting
> location?

  Drivers side demensions as listed in the assembly manual locate the
mounting brackets rear hole roughly 2.5" outboard from the top edge of the door and
2.5" forward of the rear edge of the wind vent frame.  Another hole drilled 2"
ahead of that and you're ready to mount the bracket. Although passenger side
mirrors a not officially listed simply transfer the drivers side demensions for
a correct location....you won't have great vissiblity from it but at least
with this location it won't interfer with the operation of the wind vent.

Bruce Webster