<VV> SECC Autocross Report - Day 2

AKG hdflstf@earthlink.net
Sun, 28 Mar 2004 19:24:38 -0500

What can I say.. The Ellison clan cleaned up.
Today we had a much faster, more open course set up - did I say fast, oh
yeah!  There's nothing like drifting the car through the turns and steering
with the throttle.  Especially the last turn - a big sweeper to the finish.
About halfway through you just plant your foot on the gas and if feels like
the car is going to slide sideways but the rear is squatting down and it
just goes!  But I digress..
The afternoon runs were on a slightly different course.  There were a couple
of tight spots (challenging) the were opened up.  Course was faster that
way.  My time got better throughout the day, usually about 0.2 seconds each
run.  My last run was my fastest and was started with six cylinders running
but by the end I had a five cylinder...  Turns out the bolts the are on the
#1 exhaust rocker arm got loose - hmmmm must have missed torquing them a
week ago.  Oh well, at least nothing is broken..  Thanks to Ray Sedman for
the head work - runs like a scalded cat.
I'm sure times, etc. will get posted on the SECC website.

For Warren - Leslie didn't kill any cones.  In fact she is turning into a
good driver as her times got better through the day and you could see her
getting smoother on the course.

The Artful Dodger