<VV> SECC Autocross Report - Day 2

sarahvair@juno.com sarahvair@juno.com
Mon, 29 Mar 2004 11:59:09 GMT

Thanks Art for your great reporting of this weekend's events.  For those of you who missed this event, try not to in the future.  We hired the Martin Sports Car Club to do our timing this time out.  They were totally impressed with the performance and the handling of our cars.  The owner of the Z06 Vette said he went home after Saturday and sent and email out to the Martin Club saying I can't believe these people they get out and whomp on these cars.  He said I really didn't expect this at all. Z06 ran times of 34 and FTD by Tony was 37.  Not bad.  I think we gave the Martin Club food for thought.

Lots of out of town folks were there.  The Ellisons, in full force, Steve Poe, Donnie Bird (second autocross ever and VERY respectable times), Ed Lindsay, Dan Avallone, Chuck Armer & Scott Trunkhill.

Smitty, I think you might have your hands full.  WTBRT is looking really good.  Mind you their Ultra Fan Belt broke after the morning session, so it was tied to the passenger door handle.  I think it brought Chuck good luck, he did well.  I had the pleasure (some of you would say misfortune) of having to run after Chuck.  Hey, my times might not have been as good as his, but at least I can say first hand WTBRT wasn't dropping oil all over the place.

As for Leslie, in her 92 Geo Storm the morning runs found her to have better run times then me.  I was very proud of her and I let her stay on top, but not for long.  She started out great in the afternoon, but her final run found her to have a problem.  After closer inspection we found she broke the CV.  Oh well, off to the repair shop.

Sarah

Leslie didn't kill any cones.  In fact she is turning into a
good driver as her times got better through the day and you could see her getting smoother on the course.