<VV> VV Re:H4 Hi/lo beam

Larry Forman Larry@Forman.net
Mon, 29 Mar 2004 07:42:22 -0800

Hi John,
Actually, I recommend you reread the replies you have.  I am quite sure you
have incorrectly diagnosed this problem.  The issue is that you are using
too high of a wattage bulbs for the dimmer, but the problem is the wiring
AND the dimmer switch.  Yes, you are right, replacing the bulbs with 55/60w
might cure it for a little while, at the price of limited light
output.  Since you have already invested in nice brighter bulbs, why not
add a $4 relay and the HUGE wiring recommended?  Then you will have the
brighter light and more reliability.

The reason you have the same symptoms with both dimmers is that you have
severely overloaded each of them beyond their overload threshold and the
bimetallic strip is working as designed.

Larry