<VV> VV Re:H4 Hi/lo beam

Bill Elliott Bill Elliott" <corvair@fnader.com
Mon, 29 Mar 2004 13:12:48 -0500

Yes, the complete glass housing (with the lens) is the important part. US spec lenses scatter light... E-code
lens focus it.

Here's a FAQ  http://www.endosquid.com/audi/audinfo_lightFAQ.htm

The lights are readily available in 7"... harder to find in a 5" (look to BMW suppliers)...but even places like
JCWhitney carry cheap versions "for offroad use only". I have the "cheap" versions in a few cars and they
are still head and shoulders above sealed beam halogens (which themselves are _very_ cheap, available
at Walmart, and 100% better than the standard incandescent lamps). I've also lucked on E-code lamps on
Ebay... you just need to make sure to get LHD versions....

Bill Elliott