<VV> Re:corvair battery

Gary mopar@jbcs2.net
Tue, 30 Mar 2004 05:21:12 -0500

For an early model battery, I use a group 51R battery. This is actually
shorter in length than the original group 53, and only about a quarter inch
wider. This one fits in the position without modification. This battery also
has the advantage of coming with more Cold Cranking Amps than the original.
This is an application actually for a modern Honda, and should not cost a
premium price.
The last original Group 53 battery I bought came through NAPA, and cost more
than most other batteries because it is a limited application. dcorvair
battery ends I guess if you want to have a correct appearing battery, or
just a good replacement.

Gary Swiatowy