Computer backup, was: <VV> Safe S*x

Eric S. Eberhard flash@vicspdi.com
Fri, 30 Apr 2004 17:52:10 -0700

I have the same and hate it.  IE makes large file names for it's cache and
the software gets an error on it.  Then stops.  And annoys me.  I cannot
keep it from backing up the temporary files unless I specify (one at a
time) each directory ... and then if I ever add anything it is not backed
up unless I remember to add it to the backup.  Stupid stupid stupid.

At 05:20 PM 4/30/04, airvair wrote:
>Iomega offers zip disc systems that make automatic backups of files as
>soon as you save them. I have it on my computer, and it works like a
>dream. Comes in 100, 250, and 750 meg sizes. I heartily recommend it.
>Look them up at www.iomega.com
>
>-Mark
>
>Bryan Blackwell wrote:
> >
> > As he has probably figured out, the computer hardware is the cheap
> > part, it's the data that's valuable.  Given that just about every
> > machine comes with a CD or DVD burner, it's a really good idea to back
> > up your important data periodically.  You don't really need to do
> > anything fancy, just keep all the stuff you really care about somewhere
> > and burn it once a month or so.  If you want to be extra careful, keep
> > a CD at work or a friend's house.  Now if somebody steals your computer
> > you still have what matters.
> >
> > --Bryan
> >
> > On Thursday, April 29, 2004, at 02:45 PM, vairologist@juno.com wrote:
> >
> > > He just spent
> > > several hundred dollars on professional help getting his computer
> > > cleared
> > > up and lost a pile of stored files.

Eric S. Eberhard
(928) 567-3727          Voice
(928) 567-6122          Fax
(800) 569-1122          Denver Office (I am never there, you can leave a
message)
(720) 339-4765          Cell

http://www.vicspdi.com

Completely updated web site of personal pictures with many new
pictures!  Includes horses, dogs, Corvairs, and more.

http://www.vicspdi.com/ourpics/index.html