<VV> Nightmare on Corvair St....

Rusty Hitt rhitt@airmail.net
Sat, 1 May 2004 20:37:26 -0500

Thanks to  ho answered. I think I will the KD route and I will let
everyone know how it turns out.  Thanks again
Rusty

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org] On Behalf Of Rusty Hitt
Sent: Friday, April 30, 2004 7:16 PM
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: <VV> Nightmare on Corvair St....

After 5 months I got my 65 140 convt. Back from my mechanic.  Driving it
home it launched at sparkplug.  I limped on home and decided to email
this group. I don't want to take it back to the mechanic for another 5
months.  What do I do.  I put the plug back in but it just slides in and
out.  I have heard of heli coils but I am unsure of what they are and
how they work. Is it possible to fix this situation with out pulling the
head off.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Rusty hitt
Dallas