<VV> Windshield trim question

N. Joseph Potts pottsf@msn.com
Mon, 3 May 2004 21:30:38 -0400

Should be two or three of those little posts on each side. More on the top
and the bottom. The clips (shown in the Clark's, and perhaps other,
catalogs) are common to at least all GM cars of the era.
     The clips install onto the posts, and the trim piece is (gently) mashed
down onto the clips. Yes, there should be an audible CLICK when the clip
engages. If the post is missing (find stump), it can be replaced with a
special screw, sold by the usual gang (see above). Location of the
replacement post (screw) is not that critical - close counts.
     You'll need a special tool (sold by . . .) to disengage those clips
from the trim pieces.

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org]On Behalf Of Joe Robbins
Sent: Monday, May 03, 2004 9:07 PM
To: Virtualvairs
Subject: <VV> Windshield trim question

 Hello all,

I have a question about the windshield trim on a Late Vert. The two thin
pieces on each side to be exact. What holds them in other than where they
lock in at the ends ? Is there a clip that goes on the trim and then clicks
into the little stud that is on the inner frame of the car ? Is there more
than one etc? I think I am missing something and I almost lost one
yesterday.  Any help will be appreciated as always.