<VV> RE: Patch Panels

Mark Chapman chapmanmd@charter.net
Thu, 6 May 2004 14:41:07 -0500

You are Superman, Tony!!!

First of all, the only metalwright tools that I have consist of a bandsaw, a couple of ballpein hammers, a torch, and a mig welder... oh yeah, and some empty aluminum beer cans...

Im up for pretty much anything body-related once, but I have to throw in the towel and admit that fabricating these particular panels are beyond my ability and have kicked my butt. I've tried to make them, but just cannot get the radius right and it looks like crap. I guess that I have to admit the agony of defeat...

What is so frustrating about this car is that it has spent the past 6 months on a rotisserie and is pretty much perfect with the exception of these fender corners. I have called SW and several other vendors with no luck. I'll keep trying...

If anyone, in the mean time, happens to run across a beat up LM fender (I need both driver and passenger sides) with good steel on the upper windshield corners where the lead joints are, please immediately grab something and cut them off! If anyone out there feels a burning desire to make up a couple, I do have that magical metalwright tool called a checkbook.

Thanks!!!