<VV> RE: Dual MC fallacies

Keith Hammett khammett@stainlessfab.com
Fri, 7 May 2004 08:31:21 -0500

Thanks Chuck for expanding on the Dual MC (actually MC failures).  The types
of failures that you point out are true but rare these days (I haven't had a
MC fail in many years now).  Neither one of us mentioned that if BOTH a
front and rear line fail you have no brakes!  Best to have a working
emergency brake as you point out and to have a well maintained brake system.
I think that anyone who is going to put their life behind the wheel of a 40
year old car should replace the steel lines (they don't cost that much) and
should consider the MC, wheel cylinders, and hoses.  The cost of making sure
one can stop is cheap compared to the crash...

Keith (can stop, just cant go) Hammett