<VV> weired problem #?

J R Read_HML hmlinc@sbcglobal.net
Sat, 8 May 2004 12:01:50 -0500

I'd say, the first step is to check all connections between battery and
starter and at ign switch.  Clean, bright, good solid connections?  The
wiring itself is in good condition?  No corrosion, breaks, weak spots, no
breaks or worn spots in the insulation, not rubbing on the body someplace?
Satisfy yourself that there are no problem along those lines.

Next, put a load test on the battery (your FLAPS can do that).  It may not
be as good as you think.  My hunch is that this is where your problem
exists.  If all  is OK so far, I'd start looking more closely at the
starter.  Need brushes?

I'm not inclined to think that the engine suddenly got "tight".  Of course,
the compression would be higher on a warm engine than a cold one, but this
is why I suspect the battery.  It is strong enough to turn the (relatively)
cold engine, but not the hot one.  Should be able to turn the hot one as
well.

Attachments are scanned with anti-virus software.

Later, JR

In a message dated 5/8/04 7:24:41 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
> > Vairdad@aol.com writes:
> >
> > > but after driving, stopping car then trying
> > > to restart. will not start, motor turns like the battery is weak.
timing is