<VV> weired problem #?

Ken lcm8044@yahoo.com
Sun, 9 May 2004 06:15:29 -0700 (PDT)

Garland;

Here is a
Suggestion. I had the same problem with my 62 Impala. It cranked fine cold, but when it got warmed up, if I shut it down would require cool down time to get the starter to spin fast enough to start the 327. I tried most everything, but changing the "new" cable on the positive side of the battery. When the connector burnt in two, at the solenoid, and I replaced it with one of quality, instead of one with good looks, things began to work much better. It still cranks a little slower when hot, but starts when I want it to. During my struggle with this problem I met quite a number of Chevrolet owners with the same problem. They all said it was the solenoid, I bought three new ones, before coming the conclusion that it was a bad guess.

Ken Morgan

Olympia, Wa.

66 Corsa, 140 / 4

62 Impala 327 / P/G